Topolog Wind Power Project is located in Romania and it is developed by E.K.W.ENERGY.S.R.L. The purpose of the project is to generate electricity through using wind resources and fed it into the Romanian National Grid. Topolog Wind Power Project is a project that promotes sustainability and energy security of the country and also motivates the producers of green energy. The wind power plant has installed power of 6 MW and generates annually an average number of 594 carbon certificates.
The Topolog Wind Power Project will contribute to sustainable development in the following ways:
- Reduce the exploitation of fossil fuels by supplying renewable energy to improve the existing energy consumption model which relies on fossil fuels;
- Also, it will improve energy security;
- Promote local economic development by creating local employment opportunities;
- It contributes to reach the Romanian target for energy production from renewable sources;
- Reduce the emissions of pollutants associated with the operation of fossil fuel thermal power plants, including SO2, NOx and dust in the baseline/business-as-usual scenario, thus improving the local environment.
- Regarding the climate change, compared with other low carbon power sources, wind turbines have some of the lowest global warming potential per unit of electrical energy generated.
- There are no GHG emissions associated with operating wind turbines;